APPLICATIONS OPEN 22 APRIL 2019!
Please read the eligibility criteria before applying. Once you’ve confirmed you’re eligible, and read the application details below, submit your entry via the online form available here: www.chp.org.au/media-awards-application-form
Application process / conditions of entry
- Applications must be made online at http://chp.org.au/media-awards-application-form/
- Entries open on Monday 22 April and close on Friday 23 August 2019
- You can save your application and return to finish it at anytime before 23 August
- Journalists must submit entries on their own behalf
- Joint / team entries (e.g. multiple byline, broadcast producers/presenter) will be accepted. Producers of TV and radio are permitted to make entries.
- Entries may not be submitted to multiple categories.
- Entries must be the product of the journalist’s own work.
- All entries must include a supporting statement of up to 300 words to explain the circumstances in which the entry was produced, any relevant factors and why the entrant believes it is worthy of submitting for the Award.
- If you are linking to an article on a website, this article must be in front of the paywall. If that isn’t possible, the entry should provide username and password for judges in the supporting statement
- The winner and organisation will be notified in October and an announcement will be placed on the CHP website with a link to the winning entry and judges’ comments. The winner will also be announced in CHP publications.
- Prizes will be awarded at an Awards night at the Victorian Homelessness Conference in October 2019.
- Entrants agree to the reproduction of their submission for the purpose of judging and promotion of the awards. The judges have the right to make an award in any category and their decision is final.