If you need advice (HAS)

Council to Homeless Persons believes consumers should be aware of their rights and empowered to meaningfully participate in the homelessness system.

We understand each request for support is different, however our focus is always on trying to resolve the problem.

The Homeless Advocacy Service (HAS) values your guidance about how to respond. Because each person has different needs and is looking for a different outcome, the support varies from case to case.

What kind of support can you expect?

As a guide to what you can expect from HAS, responses might include:

  • clarifying what is happening and trying to sort out any confusion or misunderstanding
  • contacting the relevant service, discussing the problem and how best to resolve it
  • support to negotiate complaint processes
  • supporting you at a meeting with a service
  • referral to a range of services such as material aid, support and external complaint bodies
  • writing support letters
  • problem-solving.


You can contact Angela Kyriakopoulos, HAS Advocate via:

  • email
  • Free Call 1800 066 256 or 8415 6213


Useful complaint-related contacts and links

  • Commonwealth of Australia Ombudsman: A good practice guide to effective complaint handling
  • Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission Advice Line 1300 292 153
  • Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (03) 9603 8370 or 1800 658 528 (free call for rural areas)
  • Tenants Union of Victoria Advice Line (03) 9416 2577 (tenants, residents and organisations)
  • Disability – Office of the Public Advocate (03) 9603 9500 or 1300 309 337
  • Public Interest Legal Clearing House (for legal help) 03 8636 4444.