CHP – in the news
Council to Homeless Persons undertakes regular media activity to:
- inform Victorians about the issue of homelessness
- create awareness about those who are experiencing or may be at risk of homelessness
- support the Victorian homelessness sector.
See and hear a snapshot of recent media interviews undertaken by Jenny Smith, CEO and members of the Council to Homeless Persons Peer Education and Support Program (PESP) volunteers:
- 12 July 2016: ‘Push to house Melbourne’s homeless in vacant offices to tackle housing crisis’ – Jenny Smith speaks with ABC News Melbourne and welcomes innovative ideas to support people living homeless but warns crisis accommodation in isolation is a band-aid solution to the affordable housing crisis.
- 28 June 2016: ‘Plea for affordable housing to tackle homeless crisis’ – PESP volunteer Christine shares news of her Change.org petition calling for affordable homes with Brimbank Leader and urges the community to support her
- 26 June 2016: ‘The sad struggle for a home in the lucky country’ – Jenny Smith writes opinion editorial on the housing crisis for The Sunday Age
- 31 May 2016: ‘Hope for housing’ – Jenny Smith and PESP volunteer Trevor support the Vote Home alliance calling for a national strategy to end Australia’s housing crisis on the front page of Preston Leader
- 20 May 2016: ‘New alliance launches Vote Home campaign ahead of federal election‘ – Jenny Smith speaks with Leader Newspapers on the need for a federal government platform to address the affordable housing crisis
The Iceman Cometh
Advanced SHIP training (1 day)
Subscribe to eNewsletter