Council to Homeless Persons (CHP) provides the following services:
CHP’s Consumer Programs focus on:
- providing appropriate advice and support to consumers who may be experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness
- including the voices of consumers who have experienced homelessness in the development of appropriate and effective homelessness policy and service development.
The team also delivers professional development sessions on topics such as:
- human rights-based frameworks
- an introduction to homelessness
- a consumer perspective on the experience of being homeless
- consumer participation models.
These sessions are delivered to a range of different stakeholders including:
- homelessness services
- allied service sector organisations [for example, Home and Community Care (HACC)]
- all levels of government
- community organisations.
CHP can tailor the session topics and delivery model to the needs of individual organisations.
Consumer Program team members also participate on reference groups, present at regional forums, consult with the specialist homelessness sector, participate in relevant networks and conduct training programs.
Contact: Ian Gough, Manager Consumer Programs.
You can email Ian or phone him on 8415 6212.
CHP undertakes a range of activities to build an effective and sustainable homelessness services system.
Australia’s only national homelessness sector magazine—your voice on homelessness.
Subscribe to eNewsletter