“Data is the raw ingredient and context for decision making and communication” (Small multiples)
CHP is committed to helping develop a pro data culture within the homelessness sector that values reporting and analysing data to improve the outcomes for consumers.
A pro data culture is a key element in an outcomes-focussed homelessness service system driven by quality data and analysis of those data.
This page is a resource for SHIP Champions and others interested in optimising the use of data. The page will be regularly updated so please return to see what’s new.
In February 2019 the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare released the 2017-2018 data cubes for Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS). For the first time some data elements have been released at Local Government Area (LGA) level. CHP has produced two spatial maps for Victoria, which look at the number of people accessing services at a LGA level, group by Victorian Local Area Service Networks (LASN).
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has committed to providing quarterly Local Area Service Network (LASN) data to the sector. These reports are also available by logging in to the funded agency channel. CHP will upload the Quarterly LASN reports as they become available.
How to guides
- Data cubes
- V look up – coming soon!
- Pivot tables – coming soon!
- Customised SHIP reports – coming soon!
- Data cubes information: http://www.aihw.gov.au/shs/data-cubes/
- Link to AIHW Data cubes guides: http://www.aihw.gov.au/shs/data-cubes/user-guide/
- Pivot tables how to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV3kyBtMwyQ
How CHP can support agencies drive a pro data culture
- Making your numbers count training
- Secondary consultations
- Assisting with the analysis of data
More on data collection to come soon