Making your numbers count – data resources
“Data is the raw ingredient and context for decision making and communication” (Small multiples)
CHP is committed to helping develop a pro data culture within the homelessness sector that values reporting and analysing data to improve the outcomes for consumers.
A pro data culture is a key element in an outcomes-focussed homelessness service system driven by quality data and analysis of those data.
Here is an article that articulates well why data is important for not for profits
This article articulates how not for profits can use data
This page is a resource for SHIP Champions and others interested in optimising the use of data. The page will be regularly updated so please return to see what’s new.
How to guides
- Data cubes
- V look up – coming soon!
- Pivot tables – coming soon!
- Customised SHIP reports – coming soon!
- Data cubes information: http://www.aihw.gov.au/shs/data-cubes/
- Link to AIHW Data cubes guides: http://www.aihw.gov.au/shs/data-cubes/user-guide/
- Pivot tables how to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV3kyBtMwyQ
How CHP can support agencies drive a pro data culture
- Making your numbers count training
- Secondary consultations
- Assisting with the analysis of data
More on data collection to come soon
Subscribe to eNewsletter