Need help?

If you are:

  • experiencing homelessness
  • at risk of homelessness

call 1800 825 955 at any time to speak with a housing and support worker.

If you are:

  • escaping family violence

call Safe Steps on 1800 015 188 at any time. Safe Steps are Victoria’s 24/7 family violence support service.

If you need:

  • the police and/or other emergency services

call 000 at anytime


If you need an interpreter: 

  •  call VITS (Victorian Interpreting and Translation Service) on 9280 1970.


Homelessness Advocacy Service (HAS)

If you have a problem with a homelessness assistance or social housing service such as a transitional housing manager (THM), a support service or a rooming house, Council to Homeless Persons’ Homelessness Advocacy Service can help.


You can contact Angela Kyriakopoulos, HAS Advocate via:

  • email
  • Free call 1800 066 256 or 8415 6213
  • If you need an interpreter please advise the HAS advocate
  • Or you can call VITS (Victorian Interpreting and Translation Service) on 9280 1970. Tell them you want to speak to the Homelessness Advocacy Service at the Council to Homeless Persons
  • Please advise the HAS Advocate if you require a disability sticker for your car when attending the office

Find out more about HAS