Subscribers are encouraged to contribute to Parity. The copy deadline is usually the second calendar Friday of each month of publication.
Suggestions for articles, prospective contributors, input and feedback and letters to the editor are always welcome.
2018 Publication Schedule
- March: The Future of Women’s Refuges
- April: Young People, Trauma and Homelessness
- May: Revisiting Rough Sleeping
- June: Older People Experiencing Homelessness: What Models of Housing and Support Work Best?
- July: Issues in Homelessness Sector Workforce Development
- August: Issues of Substance: Substance Abuse and Homelessness
- September: “Marginal Housing: Where to From Here?” joint edition with the AHI
- October: Mental Health, Disability, Housing and Homelessness
- November: To Be Confirmed.
- December: Housing First
Contribution writing guidelines
Single page articles should be no longer than 800 words.
Feature articles can be to be up to but no longer than 1,600 words.
Capitalise proper nouns and the names of programs and initiatives only.
Italicise titles of Acts of Parliament on their first, formal mention. For example the Native Title Amendment Act 1998. Subsequent informal references are in roman type without the date and can appear in one of two ways: the Native Title Amendment Act or the Act.
Try to avoid overuse of bureaucratic or sector jargon and of abbreviations and acronyms.
Make sure acronyms are always spelled out in the first instance.
NB: Due to space considerations, contributors are encouraged to use endnotes when referencing their Parity articles. All works that are cited or referred to in an article should be referenced. The Parity referencing protocol is very simple. All references cited in the article should be referenced by:
Author(s); surname, initial(s), Date (of publication), Title, Publisher (for journals, volume and Issue number), Location, Page(s)
- Seung S 2012, Connectome: How the Brain’s Wiring Makes Us Who We Are, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Boston, P.90.
- Trevithick P 2003 ‘Effective Relationship Based Practice’, Journal Of Social Work Practice, vol.17, no.2, pp.163-176.
Subscribe to Parity here.