Join us in person or via Zoom for the Launch of the August Edition of Parity Magazine: Gender and Homelessness.
Introduction and welcome
Deborah Di Natale, CEO Council to Homeless Persons
Helen Conway, President YWCA Australia
August Edition Parity Magazine: Gender and Homelessness
Dr. Todd Fernando, Victorian Commissioner for LGBTIQ+ Communities
Learning from Lived Experience
Facilitator: Morgan Cataldo
Lived experience panellists from a range of services and organisations.
Key learnings: Housing insecurity and homelessness for women and gender diverse people – local and global contexts.
Dr Juliet Watson, RMIT University and Guest Editor
Assistant Professor Jayne Malenfant, Concordia University and Guest Editor
Panel Discussion: Where to from here? Designing policy and service responses to homelessness with a gendered lens.
- Facilitator: Kate Colvin, CEO Homelessness Australia
- Anna Paris, General Manager Service Delivery – YWCA Australia
- Tanya Corrie, CEO – Juno Housing
- Tania Farha, CEO – Safe and Equal
- Elliot McMahon, Drummond Street Queerspace
Conclusion and Thank You
Followed by a Light Lunch/Networking.