Looking for homelessness or housing support? Find Help

Find help

Get access to homelessness and housing support

Council to Homeless Persons is not a housing provider or homelessness service, but we can help you to find the support you need. Browse this page to find guidance on services, depending on your situation.

Do you need advice about a homelessness or housing service?

If you have a problem with a homelessness assistance service, Council to Homeless Persons Homelessness Advocacy Service (HAS) can help.

Call 1800 066 256 
or email has@chp.org.au

Are you experiencing or at risk of homelessness?

If you require homelessness and housing support, call the 24 hour, statewide, toll-free number 1800 825 955 to speak with a housing and support worker.

Alternatively, find your nearest homelessness service for support.

Are you experiencing or fleeing family violence?

If you are in immediate danger, call 000 if you can.

Alternatively, call Victoria’s 24/7 family violence support service, Safe Steps on 1800 015 188 at any time.

Communication support

To book an interpreter, call VITS Language Loop on 9280 1955.

If you are deaf, hearing impaired, or have a speech impediment, contact the National Relay Service.

Would you like to make a complaint about CHP?

Learn how to make a complaint about a CHP service or interaction. This guidance should be read alongside the CHP complaints procedure.

Subscribe to CHP eNews

Get the latest homelessness insights and updates straight to your inbox with Council to Homeless Persons eNews.